skip navigation

Weekend preview: 10/4 – 10/7; EHL Jr. Flyers home opener weekend

Weekend preview: 10/5 – 10/7; EHL Jr. Flyers home opener weekend

By Jr. Flyers Marketing, 10/04/19, 5:45PM EDT

Share

The EHL Jr. Flyers finally will have their home opener as they play two games this weekend at Ice Line. The first game they will host the Connecticut Roughriders on Saturday, October 5 at 8:00PM, and the second game they will host the rival Philadelphia Little Flyers on Monday, October 7 at 12:00PM.

Jr. Flyers vs. Roughriders Overview
During the 2018-19 season, the Roughriders finished in third place in the Mid-Atlantic Conference’s South Division with a 22-16-7 record for 51 points. They scored 171 goals while they allowed 169. They were swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Vermont Lumberjacks.

The Jr. Flyers and Roughriders split their two-game series although the Roughriders outscored the Jr. Flyers 8 -7. The Jr. Flyers won in a shootout 5 – 4. The Roughriders went three for eight (37.5%) on the powerplay while the Jr. Flyers went two for eight (25%). The Roughriders had a 3.50 goals against average and .918 save percentage while the Jr. Flyers had a 4.00 goals against average and .901 save percentage.

Jr. Flyers vs. Little Flyers Overview
The Little Flyers won the Mid-Atlantic Conference’s South Division last year with a 40-3-1 record for 81 points. They scored 246 goals and allowed 73. They lost in the EHL’s championship game to the New Hampshire Avalanche.

Last season the Little Flyers swept the five-game series outscoring their rival 36 – 8. The Little Flyers went 15 for 31 (48.3%) on the powerplay while the Jr. Flyers went 1 for 19 (5.26%). The Little Flyers had a 1.66 goals against average and .950 save percentage. The Jr. Flyers had a 7.2 goals against average and a .824 save percentage.

Roughriders Overview
The Roughriders are currently in fifth place in the Mid-Atlantic Conference with a 3-4-1 record for seven points. They are coming off a 5 – 1 road loss to the New Jersey 87’s. They have scored 37 goals while they have allowed 35. They have capitalized on 29.3% of their powerplay chances while they have prevented their opposition from scoring 75.8% on the penalty kill.

Will Christensen leads the team in total points with twelve (5 goals and 7 assists). He is tied with Colin Bella with five goals. Rian Stewart leads the team in wins (two) and save percentage (.887).

Little Flyers Overview
The Little Flyers are in third place in the Mid-Atlantic Conference with a 5 – 2 record for ten points. They are coming off a 5 – 2 showcase win against the Worcester Railers. The Little Flyers have scored 33 goals and have allowed 16. They have converted on 23.7% of their powerplay chances and prevented the opposition from scoring 76.3% of the time on the penalty kill.

Will Smith (6 goals and 6 assists) and Cam Lindsay (4 goals and 8 assists) lead the team in total points with twelve respectively. Smith also leads the team in goals with six. Thomas McLarnon leads the team in wins with two while Adrian Morales leads the team with a .932 save percentage.

Jr. Flyers Overview
The Jr. Flyers are in eighth place in the Mid-Atlantic Conference with an 0 – 4 record. They are coming off of a 3 – 0 showcase loss to the Boston Jr. Rangers. The Jr. Flyers have scored three goals while they have allowed fourteen. They have converted on 6.7% of their chances on the powerplay while they have prevented the opposition from scoring on penalty kill 80%. Three players have scored a goal while seven players each have a point. Sean Dynan leads the team with .910 save percentage. 

Weekend preview: 10/4 – 10/7; EHL Jr. Flyers home opener weekend